Friday, November 14, 2008

100 miles later

today i had a free day and some energy to burn, so I got in my car and started driving around aimlessly... I ended up taking practically every freeway in LA/OC. I started off by going to Long Beach and I drove through CSULB's campus, and then went through long beach, to san pedro, to venice beach, to santa monica, up santa monica blvd, and through LA and back home. It was rather amusing, some things you only see in LA.


LA was super smoggy and gross.

I don't get it either. Especially the Seagull part


Okay, seriously? This van is super sketch.

Does this disturb anyone else besides me? it's a giant shoe.


this reminds me of the song :)


because if nothing else will get you there, they have ice cream




when i was younger, i used to read all these books about homeless kids, foster kids, and kids wanting to run away and this is where they'd go.





if i was to stay in a hostel, this is where i'd want to stay



The batmobile!

end result: 100 miles, 3 gallons of gas, and some funny pictures

3 comments:

Nigel said...

jesus, how did you get that far on 3 gallons of gas? i'd be lucky to get 20 miles on 5 gallons, let alone 100 on 3. i'm betting that you drive a prius.

how is everything out there? are you OK? is your fam ok?

hope you're ok, and not caught up in the fires

Naomi said...

thanks for posting those pics, they were great! holy crap is the west coast completely different from the east. that shoe car was nuts. i used to drive around the city (sorry, nyc) and take random pics out the window. they were always so dark and gloomy, no where near as perky as yours lol.

Krista Debrick said...

OH! I miss the crazy sights and sounds of Southern California! And I'm glad gas prices have dropped so you could afford to take a random trip like that. =)